Get 25% off all Deluxe Listing packages until September 30, 2019. Use code MMOPEN19 at checkout.
Edit Handmade Market
Please fill out the following form to add your listing to our directory. There are a lot of fields, but not all of them are required! The more information that you add to your listing the more useful it will be. This site caters to makers, shoppers, shop owners, and show organizers so we like to have a lot of information to try to satisfy everyone!
If you need information on pricing packages, please see the Packages page.
If you need to see detailed category information, please see the Submission Guidelines.
Thank you for using Mar♥Maker!
- All submissions must be reviewed and approved by a member of the Mar♥Maker staff. You will receive a notification when your listing is approved.
- Events and shops listed in Mar♥Maker must provide booth and/or shop space for makers of handmade items.
- Festivals that are strictly food and/or music festivals should not be listed on Mar♥Maker.
- Farmers market listings are fine as long as they allow arts/crafts booths.
- Contact information is protected so you should not be dooming yourself or others to spam by listing contact information here.
- Trade shows dedicated to products useful to artists & crafters (e.g. bead & button shows, gem & rock shows) should be listed under the Trade Show category.
- Supply shops should be listed under Supplies. Big box craft stores should not be listed in Mar♥Maker.
Handmade Markets Categories
- Art Fair – This type of market only accepts fine arts makers. These shows are very restrictive, and always juried.
- Arts & Crafts Fair – This market type accepts a variety of art and craft makers. These shows are handmade-only, but still less restrictive and are only sometimes juried.
- Craft/Vendor Fair – This type accepts both handmade makers and direct sales vendors. These shows are usually not juried.
- Street Fair/Festival – The primary purpose of this type of market is usually not for arts & crafts, but to celebrate something else. Arts & crafts makers are often secondary. These shows are sometimes juried and often allow commercial vendors.
- Farmers Market – Showcases local producers & growers of farm to table and other hand crafted items. These markets usually have weekly booths available through the warmer seasons.
- Flea Market – These events allow merchandise of all sorts, from vintage pieces to mass-produced goods to handmade items.
- Renaissance Faire – A period-themed event featuring vendors, entertainment, and food slanted towards a particular time period, usually medieval/renaissance.
Shops and Galleries Categories
- Boutique – A shop with a variety of (mostly) handmade items. Boutiques generally take items on consignment or buy directly from makers.
- Gallery – A shop whose primary purchase is to display and sell fine art to collectors. These are generally curated to feature specific artists on a rotating or special basis.
- Artist Cooperative – A shop that is a cooperative effort of multiple artists to display and sell their work in a central setting.
- Antique/Vintage – A shop where the primary purpose is to sell antique or vintage items. These items may include refurbished and repainted vintage pieces and other upcycled items.
- Craft Mall – A shop where space is allocated to makers and a monthly space rental fee is charged. These are sometimes combined with antique/vintage malls.
- Supplies – A shop where makers can purchase raw materials and other supplies. This is for the independent local store and not the big box stores. Mar♥Maker is about shopping local and shopping small.
Handmade Makers Directory Guidelines
- Only handmade makers are allowed to create and maintain listings in the Handmade Makers Directory.
- The address field is required; however, the street address portion of it will not be viewable on the site. If you are not comfortable using your actual street address, you may use the address of a local business, school, church, etc. as long as it is in your city. This allows for your city to still be found for those searching for handmade makers in a particular area.
- Direct sales vendors may NOT create a listing in the Handmade Makers Directory. There are profile fields in the My Account area specifically for direct sales vendors and their information can be viewed on the Member List.